General support services
- Disabled Persons Assembly New Zealand - Aiming to achieve inclusion for all New Zealanders, the organisation covers all disability groups and has a range of useful resources.
- Enabling Good Lives – A partnership between government agencies and the disability sector aiming to support disabled people and their families in their daily lives.
- Health & Disability Commissioner - The Health & Disability Commissioner protects people's rights as they're described in the Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers' Rights. It has a range of useful information on what your rights are as well as things like how to make a complaint.
- Ministry of Health – The Ministry of Health has support listed for lots of different types of disabilities.
- Ministry of Social Development – The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) has a tool that, once you’ve filled in certain information, tells you what support is available. Although it isn’t specifically for people with disabilities, it includes available support across the board.
- Office for Disability Issues – While it isn’t aimed specifically at young people, the Office for Disability Issues is the main part of government focussed on disability issues, and has some useful resources outlining how it’s trying to improve the lives of disabled people in society.